While witnessing the worst pandemic ever, India is now taking certain strong measures to break the chain and contain the spread of COVID-19. But now that the virus is still spreading and affecting, we need to know proper diet plans to sustain the corona. Well, here we are going to discuss the most effective diet plan for covid patients in India.
The diet plan may not help you recover, but can supply essential nutrients to the body that boosts immunity and helps you fight back. Having all the food from the market is a bit of a tough task amidst lockdown. But there are some ways like using contactless food and vegetable deliveries through different applications.
Tips to make the most effective diet plan for COVID patients
A well-balanced diet is good for every individual, but during COVID, it becomes quite crucial. Proper supply of all kinds of vital nutrients, vitamins, and minerals tend to boost immune systems and lower the risk of chronic illnesses. Thus, one should have a variety of foods included in the diet plan to absorb all kinds of good nutrients.
Here are a few things that make up the best answer for what to eat in corona. By following this diet plan you can surely make some progress with your body while affected with COVID.
- Fresh and Unprocessed fruits and Vegetables
Here is the widely accepted list of fruits and vegetables that you should eat to boost your immunity system to fight the virus.
- Vitamin C-rich fruits: – Being rich in Vitamin C, citrus fruits like oranges help in building up the immune system faster. Thus, doctors suggest having Vitamin C-rich foods if you have cold or flu symptoms. They increase the production of white blood cells that are helpful to fight infection. Some Vitamin C rich fruits include
- Broccoli: – Broccoli is the king of green vegetables having a rich amount of vitamin A, E, and C including a ton of antioxidants and fibers. It is also one of the healthiest vegetables if cooked properly. It can charge your body with a stream of vitamins and minerals and thus is the best food for COVID.
- Garlic and Ginger: – Garlic is known for immune-boosting properties that come from sulfur while Ginger is packed with many applications. Ginger is quite effective to get rid of sore throat and inflammatory illnesses that are seen in COVID.
- Spinach: – Filled with several antioxidants and beta carotene which helps in building a strong immune system. It makes the absorption of Vitamin A easier to fulfill the supply of essential nutrients.
- Almonds: – Almonds can supply vitamin E to the body which even crosses the effects of Vitamin C for a healthy immune system. Being a fat-soluble vitamin, it requires the fat of the body to get absorbed. But, by doing so, it can supply a good amount of strength and immunity by making the body stronger from within.
- Yogurts: – After having foods that are high in nutrients and having the potential to boost your energy, it is essential to cool down a bit. Thus, Yogurt is the best way to supply your body with Vitamin D. It also regulates the immune system and enhances natural defenses.
With all those essential foods in your diet plan, you can also include a cup of green tea, some turmeric milk, or reach for healthy chicken soup too. These can support the impacts of the immunity boosters and help you recover from weakness faster.
- Drink enough water: – Water is essential to regulate body temperature, simplify digestion, and get rid of wastes. Thus, one must drink 8 to 10 cups of water every day. You can also consume fruit juice and other drinks.
- Reduce salt and sugar: – Salt contains a high amount of sodium which can reduce the effectiveness of the medicines. So, you must reduce the salt intake to 5g whereas avoiding sugar as much as possible.
- Balance the amount of fat and oil: – While recovering from COVID, one certainly doesn’t want to increase cholesterol and body weight. So, while cooking the healthy foods mentioned above, you must take care of the oil you are using to cook. Instead, you can consume unsaturated fats and choose white meat and fish instead of fatty ones.
These are not only the food to eat when you have COVID, all of them are recommended by doctors and health experts to include in every lifestyle. However, if you are affected with COVID, you must take proper medication as suggested by doctors. Well, these foods will indeed help you in supporting the medication to fight back.